Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jigsaw Puzzles

As a little kid, jigsaw puzzles were intimidating! Hundreds of little pieces that were shaped alike and colors that melted into each other. Why spend so much time on something that would be taken apart and put back in the box?

Until……I went to a garage sale in my neighborhood and found a wonderful idea for completed jigsaw puzzles. I paint them with Mod Podge (water-based sealer and finish). I let them dry and tack them to the entrance wall of my garage. I don’t stop there! I cover each one with a piece of Plexiglas and bingo! I have a transformed my garage entrance into an art gallery.

But the best part is the quality time I spend in conversation with my husband as we sit around a card table putting all the little, look-alike pieces together. We are working on our 6th and have two waiting to come out of the box (one is a picture of the Hoover Dam…..really cool, but VERY hard!). What a great way to spend the cold winter nights sitting by the fire, sipping vanilla caramel coffee in cozy PJs.

1 comment:

Melissa in Mel's World said...

It always impresses me to see you guys working with all those teeny tiny pieces. I just don't have the concentration or the patience to do it. I do, however, appreciate the conversation, coffee, and finished product!