Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Extreme Makeover

Now many of you already know that my back porch is my island of retreat. With sounds of trickling fountains, chiming wind chimes, relaxing music, refreshing breezes, flickering aromas and the chatting of birds, how could one not retreat as often as possible? But my retreat needed a redo!

So I designed an even more enticing/inspiring get-a-way. I began by painting the natural wicker furniture black, re-dying the red cushions and pillows, purchasing black and zebra pillows (my wild side). Recovered the bottoms to my breakfast nook chairs, added a few accessories (plants, candle pedestal, antique black jug, lamps) and Walla! Now this did not require creativity, just time, work and a little planning.

But I did have one really neat idea that my husband thought was quite creative! I took an old flower pot and painted black swirls on the sides; finished the edges with black and I now have the cutest ZEBRA pot! It looks great with green foliage and red flowers.

Cost of paint: $45
Cost of accessories: $40
Cost of plants: $20
Time spent on my new porch….PRICELESS!

1 comment:

Mari said...

It looks great on the picture in your sidebar. I want to see the zebra pot too - I don't see it in the picture. Good job!